Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Walking

I've decided to start walking as exercise. I've taken a 15 minute walk each day for the last three days. I know that 15 minutes really isn't that long, but it's a start that I can commit to and build off of. The dog has also loved the walks, almost more than I have. The first day I took my walk, my feet and ankles really hurt afterward. It didn't hurt near as bad today and I know it will get better over time. I've been posting on facebook when I get back from my walk and have had some really positive comments. Everyone's "likes" and "good job" have really helped me get the excuses out of my head. Fifteen minutes really isn't hard to find before I go to work. The walks have been really good for my head, and have even helped my pain go away a little. My goal is to work up to 30 minutes by the end of the month. It's completely within my reach as long as I keep it up. I'm not sure about becoming a runner, but walking is something I can really enjoy and stick with.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you, lots of love... lou lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear, you are such a wonderful friend xxxx

    ReplyDelete