Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Life Happened...

I was doing so good on taking walks most days and eating a bit more sensibly. There's been so much stress the last couple of days with Dave's mom being in the hospital and in critical condition. There's a chance she may not make it. I've been not taking walks and have been emotional eating like crazy. I'm not going to let this get me down for good, I've got to get back to it. The walks do help clear my head and make me feel more capable of managing my stress. There's going to come a point where I just can't keep letting life get in the way. Every time I let that happen, all the good I do gets undone. Life and stress happen and there's nothing we can do to prevent it all. All I can do is start breaking the cycle of emotional eating. Emotional eating makes the stress and negative emotions so much worse because of the guilt that comes from it. I can't keep standing in my own way, I need to stop being my own worst enemy. Things right now are super difficult. Life doesn't stop because I'm trying to lose weight. It still goes on, things still happen, stress still exists. It's my coping skills that need a bit more work. It will take some time, but I will overcome this.

No comments:

Post a Comment